BumpTop 3d Desktop Amaizement

on 4/8/09
BumpTop, the 3d desktop is finally available for download. (it's only been a few years, right?)

What is BumpTop

The video below shows the overview of BumpTop, but it is basically an application that turns your desktop into a fluid, 3d space, like a real desk.



Pro's and Cons
I downloaded BumpTop today and used it for a few hours on my 7 year old Dell. It ran surprisingly smooth, the application itself only took up about 45mb. Their was a quick tutorial when I first started it up that showed me how to use it, it was very easy to learn. After I completed the tutorial I was able to use without any problems. One of the drawbacks is some of the cool features the show in videos (ie. flipping through piles like pages, sliding files onto a memory stick, most used files automatically getting bigger) require you to buy the $29 "Pro"
version. The sticky notes feature in it also cool, but, you can only put 2 up at a time unless you get the Pro version. (so sorry, sticky note freaks) You can also add themes from the website's community section, I haven't tried that yet but it seems pretty cool.

Where can I get it?
You can download BumpTop from their website, bumptop.com.
You can also get it from Cnet.

0 comments: